Receiving money or gifts

No officer or employee may receive any money or gift provided by any person having interests in the relevant officer or employee¡¯s work duty. Further, any one who has been offered to receive any money or gift from any interested party should politely decline to receive it. Receipt of money or gifts by any family member or acquaintance of an officer or employee is regarded as an act of the officer or employee himself (or herself).

Obligation to Report (Subject of Report): If any one could not de cline and, as a result, received money, gifts or securities from any interested party (e.g., from a business partner of the company) in relation to his or her work duty, such person must report the receipt to the company. Specifically, if the value of money, gifts or securities exceeds 30,000 won per one occasion or if the total value of money, gifts or securities received within one year exceeds 100,000 won, all of the relevant money, gifts or securities must be reported. However, items of small value (not exceeding 30,000 won per occasion) such as occasional promotion items that are normally distributed to many people in the ordinary course of business do not need to be reported.

Report Procedure: When reporting unavoidable receipt of money or gifts in relation to the work duty, the relevant officer or employee must prepare a report called ¡°Money or Gift Receipt Report¡± and submit it to the chief of the relevant department to which he or she belongs within three (3) days from the receipt regardless of whether or not he or she returned the received money or gifts. The department that received such report must immediately submit the report to the personnel department.

Handling of Received Money or Gifts: If any officer or employee did not know the delivery of money or gifts to him or her, or otherwise could not decline money or gifts in any given circumstances, such person must immediately prepare the ¡°Money or Gift Receipt Report¡± and report the fact of receipt to the senior officer in the relevant department and then return the received items immediately upon giving polite apology to the provider. If it is impossible to return any received money or gifts, unless the received items are highly valuable and expensive items, the relevant person may use the received items for public benefit (e.g., for indigent people) after obtaining approval of the relevant senior officer and having discussion with the personnel department.